It’s hard to imagine a better present to give yourself, a loved one…..or me. H ere are some cool options for Christmas 2011 and immediately after (in case someone wants to hang around the family on the 25th)
For the last week of December 2011, we have a few good choices.
They invented heliskiing! Forty-one years of accumulated experience allow them to claim ‘Our staff and guides, some of them veterans from the very early days, will proudly show you the friendliness, hospitality and great times in the mountains that bring 70% of our guests back every year.
Each lodge has a flavor of its own. The terrain, clients and travel vary widely.
Give me a call or email and I can help you choose the best one for your group.
Dec 23 – 30, $ 7,820
or Dec 30 – Jan 06, 2012, $ 7,820
– The largest single heliskiing area on the planet – over 9500 square km – 100% small group heliskiing – 3 groups of just 5 guests per helicopter
– Located in northern British Columbia on the border with Alaska – massive snowfalls = epic conditions – unrivalled terrain – that means world class tree skiing and huge alpine terrain – 4, 5 and 7 day tours
– Established in 1996 Bell 2 Lodge has become known as one of, if not THE Mecca for heliskiing. Its northern location, small group sizes and massive ski terrain
– The Skeena and Coast Mountains of northern BC offer up massive tree runs in old growth forest, huge glaciated features in high alpine terrain and everything in between. It’s a nirvana of steep and aggressive lines for the diehard, through to gentler terrain for a mellow experience.
– Bell 2 Lodge – is located 220 miles (360 km) Northwest of Smithers, British Columbia. The small resort of Bell 2, situated along the Stewart – Cassiar Highway, is our home for the winter season.
Great Canadian Heli-Skiing
Start any day you prefer, unlimited vertical, $9,040
$1K deposit pp, Refund until May 1.
World-renowned for dry, light ’champagne’ powder, small groups, A-Star helicopters and intimate atmosphere. Three groups of 4 per helicopter, with a maximum of 24 guests in the lodge. They provide excellent service and have been in operation for 20 years. There are hundreds of runs, offering every type of terrain – glaciers, open bowls, gladed trees – and every slope angle and exposure. Great Canadian is known for the quality and the accessibility of terrain. Check them out at Great Canadian or on Heliskiing Review.
Great Canadian offers Unlimited Vertical – you never pay more to ski more, in an atmosphere of boutique heliskiing; you can really knock out the vertical.
You can drive directly to GC or take their shuttle in 4 hours from the Calgary Airport and pass through Banff, Lake Louise and Golden on the way. There are also opportunities to add on some resort skiing if your schedule will allow for pre or post skiing. The Heather Mountain Lodge has easy access to runs that are often available even in snowy weather. They have low no fly days, averaging just two per year! Their tenure is located in the Purcell and Selkirk ranges with every type of skiing available – trees, open bowls and magnificent glaciers.
Bella Coola Heli-Sports
Dec 27-Jan 3, $8,880. You can fly up in the AM and be skiing in the PM. On the last day, ski in the AM, fly back to Vancouver in the PM. You can get up to 8 full days for the price of 7.
Bella Coola Helisports is the original and most experienced operator in Bella Coola offers 1.5 million acres of the most sought after heliskiing and boarding on the planet. This is now one of the largest tenures in the world. They have one of the easiest access of any heliskiing destination in BC. Their goal is to have you heliskiing/boarding on the day of your arrival and the day of your departure. The Tweedsmuir Lodge is the classic heli experience.
HELISKI.com, Knowledge is Powder!