Skeena Heli-Skiing Canada
Helicopter Skiing Description
Skeena Heli-Skiing offers an intimate helicopter skiing experience in the for the strong intermediate to advanced skiers in the Skeena Mountains, BC, Canada. Read Our Helicopter Skiing Operator Interview With Skeena Heli-Skiing BC
Helicopter Skiing Gallery
Fast & Fun at Skeena Heli-Skiing BC
The heli-skiing is fast and fun at Skeena. Owner “Jake” is a former bump racer from Europe. His clients are typically looking to ski fast and get lots of vertical. This works well, as the Bell 407 shuttles groups. There is not much waiting and plenty of helicopter skiing / heli-boarding. And Jake is probably the best skier with whom I have helicopter skiing in the backcountry. His skiing is fast, smooth. Yet he is humble and generous.
Skeena Heli-Skiing in BC
Speaking of fast, Skeena Heliskiing is one of the first BC helicopter skiing operators to sell out every year. So you may want to look more than one heliski season in advance – especially to get the best weeks.
Skeena Heliskiing Additional Information
Skeena BC HeliSkiing offers a great boutique experience. The lodge is stellar, the helicopter skiing is excellent and the host is terrific.
Skeena Heliskiing BC Location
Lodge location 63 km North of Hazelton BC. Canada, 1.5 hrs drive from Smithers airport BC, Canada. If you search for ideal BC heliskiing lodge, you may find a picture of the Bear Claw Lodge. Private rooms, hewn logs, high ceilings and all the amenities welcome guests of Skeena Heli-Skiing. Located two hours by van from the Smithers airport, Skeena is relatively easy to access.
Helicopter Skiing Terrain Description
Helicopter skiing in open glades below tree line, chutes and trees to open alpine features and glaciers. 8250 km2 of skiable terrain.
Guests per Lift: 5. Lifts per Helicopter: 2. Type of Helicopter: B2 or B3. Lodging and Dining Description: One of the nicest heliskiing lodges we have experienced! Resort and Cat Skiing Options: Resort Skiing in the town of Smithers. Catskiing possible. Heli Skiing Private Packages Offered: Yes. Down Days per Season: average is 5 Airport for Travel: Smithers BC.
Standard Helicopter Skiing Packages Offered
Standard package is 7 day package with a minimal of 6 days of heli-skiing BC. If weather and conditions are good skiing is possible on arrival day adding one more day. 30’500 vertical meters guaranteed. Private packages for groups of 4-8 inc. 11 hours of heli time. For a unique experience that offers no-frills lodging and a great deal, check out Skeena Heliskiing Base Camp.
What is Unique/Why Skeena Heliskiing?
Skeena Heliskiing offers a large variation of terrain that experienced skiers can enjoy to their outmost due to small groups size and small helicopters – giving everyone free and untracked terrain. The low number of down days gives you a lot of skiing, especially if the weather is not ideal. Skeena Heli-Skiing Lodge clients stay at the Cliffs at Kispiox River which is one of the most exclusive lodges in BC. There are many aspects to consider for your ideal heli-skiing Canada trip. Some of the things to ask yourself, and to tell HELISKI.com, will allow us to narrow down the dozens of destinations for your heli-skiing in Canada.
- Do you prefer an intimate heli-ski lodge or ‘the more the merrier?’
- Do you want to heli-ski in a group of four or are you OK in a group as big as eleven?
- How many days or dollars can you spend heli skiing Canada?
- Do you prefer heliskiing trees, bowls, glacers and high alpine or all of the above?
- Do you want unlimited vertical, or do you want a base amount with the option to pay for extra heli-skiing Canada? (We are happy to do the math for you.)
- Do you want to get to and from your heliski Canada lodge as quickly as possible, or do you have time to burn?
- When do you want to schedule heliskiing Canada?
- Do you want to try heliskiing Canada during or after a resort skiing vacation?
- Where are you originating travel?
- Do you want a remote, rustic lodge from which to heliski Canada?
- Do you want catskiing or resort skiing options in case the helicopters cannot fly?